When the weather is fair and the top is down nothing beats the joy of driving an Corvette convertible! However, when the top is up, it's not so great. If the weather is too hot, too cold, too wet or if you are on a long drive on the freeway, you just can't beat a Smooth Line Hardtop. Now you can have the best of both worlds!
Adding a Smooth Line Hardtop is one of the best styling and practical improvements that can be made to your convertible. Coming or going, our custom designed Hardtop will give an exciting, clean, sleek appearance to your Corvette while protecting you from unwanted noise and weather.
Our Removable Hardtop, which was introduced in 2001, accentuates the GM Z06 "double bubble" roof silhouette. This exciting Smooth Line design also features a curved, flush mounted, convertible sized, rear window for a very sleek and low look. Coming or going, our Hardtop will give your Corvette a very aggressive stance that will definitely make heads turn! If you want the "Bad Boy" Z06 look, this is it!
The interior is upholstered in a thick OEM felt automotive headliner material that will compliment the interior of your car. This headliner significantly absorbs road noises and also is an excellent insulator against heat or cold. Now you will be able to have normal conversation or really enjoy your favorite music on your stereo. Great on long drives!
Our rain guards will help keep your seats dry when the door is opened. This new Hardtop is complete with thick rubber moldings attached to ensure a weather tight seal. When your Corvette is parked, a Smooth Line Hardtop also adds additional security for the car and personal items.
All Smooth Line Hardtops are made in the USA by American craftsmen. Quality is an absolute! All production is done in house to insure high standards. The shell is a premium grade automotive fiberglass composite which is very strong but light weight. The exterior is finished to perfection with two coats of smooth black urethane primer ready for a top coat color of your choice. For the best color match, we recommend using a local high quality auto body paint shop that can computer scan your Corvette to match the paint.
Every Smooth Line Hardtop is custom made to order by our expert trained craftsman one at a time and are assigned a unique serial number. We have a one-year Limited Warranty against defects in workmanship or materials.
The standard Smooth Line Corvette Hardtop is finished in a smooth, ready to paint, black primed urethane exterior finish with charcoal gray headliner and tinted Plexiglas window. Nothing extra to buy!
Read about Smooth Line hardtops in Corvette Enthusiast.
Features (included in base price)
Click each diagram to enlarge
- High strength, light weight, precision molded fiberglass composite
- Premium automotive grade materials
- Exterior rain guards
- Color coat ready.
- Finished with two coats of smooth black urethane primer ready for a top coat color application.
Exterior Upgrade: For those who would like a contrasting color or don't want to paint we offer a Factory installed Elk grain Haartz premium vinyl exterior covering. This gives a very soft, subtle look that is not over stated. Available in White, Black, Light Oak
- The interior is fully upholstered with a thick charcoal gray color automotive headliner.
- Improved sound and insulating properties compared to the convertible top
Rear Window - Tinted plexiglas
Interior Upgrade: Upgrade the standard charcoal headliner to Black or Tan. These upgraded materials are three times thicker than the standard charcoal headliner and offer superior sound dampening and insulation properties.
- This light weight impact resistant material will not discolor or become foggy and with reasonable care will last for years.
- Upgradable to AS-2 Safety Glass with or without defogger
- A tinted curved AS-2 safety glass defogger rear window complete with an easy to install wiring harness $250.00
- A tinted curved AS-2 safety glass plain rear window $150.00
- The front and rear mounting system is custom designed for the Corvette.
- All metal components are made of high strength corrosion resistant stainless steel and are designed to provide a simple, secure and professional fitting Hardtop.
- This application does not require any modification to the vehicle and is easy to install.
- Once installed the hardtop can be easily removed or reattached in minutes without any tools.
- Custom extruded rubber moldings are matched to the windshield, rear deck and side windows/curtains to ensure a weather tight seal.
- These OEM quality materials are resistant to sunlight aging, water absorption, and ozone.
Smooth Line Hardtops require no modification to your car, and in most cases the convertible top does not even need to be removed. It stays with the car in the down position when the Hardtop is mounted. Please see installation instructions for details.
Complete with installation instructions
12 month Limited Warranty
An easy way to store and protect your Hardtop from damage when not in use
Find out more here.