When the weather is fair and the top is down, nothing beats the joy of driving a MGs convertible! If the weather is too hot, too cold, too wet, or if you are on a long drive on the freeway, you just can't beat a Smooth Line Hardtop. Now you can have the best of both worlds!
Adding a Smooth Line Hardtop is one of the best styling and practical improvements that can be made to your convertible. Coming or going, our custom designed Hardtop will give an exciting, clean, sleek appearance to your MGs while protecting you from unwanted noise and weather.
The interior is upholstered in a thick OEM felt automotive headliner material that will compliment the interior of your car. This headliner significantly absorbs road noises and also is an excellent insulator against heat or cold. Now you will be able to have normal conversation or really enjoy your favorite music on your stereo. Great on long drives!
Our rain guards will help keep your seats dry when the door is opened. This new Hardtop is complete with thick rubber moldings attached to ensure a weather tight seal. When your MGs is parked, a Smooth Line Hardtop also adds additional security for the car and personal items.
All Smooth Line Hardtops are made in the USA by American craftsmen. Quality is an absolute! All production is done in house to insure high standards. The shell is a premium grade automotive fiberglass composite which is very strong but light weight. The exterior is finished to perfection with two coats of smooth black urethane primer ready for a top coat color of your choice. For the best color match, we recommend using a local high quality auto body paint shop that can computer scan your MGs to match the paint.
Every Smooth Line Hardtop is custom made to order by our expert trained craftsman one at a time and are assigned a unique serial number. We have a one-year Limited Warranty against defects in workmanship or materials.
The standard Smooth Line MGs Hardtop is finished in a smooth, ready to paint, black primed urethane exterior finish with charcoal gray headliner and clear Plexiglas window. Nothing extra to buy!
Features (included in base price)
- High strength, light weight, precision molded fiberglass composite
- Premium automotive grade materials
- Exterior rain guards
- Color coat ready.
- Finished with two coats of smooth black urethane primer ready for a top coat color application.
Exterior Material Upgrade: For those who would like a contrasting color or don't want to paint we offer a Factory installed Elk grain Haartz premium vinyl exterior covering. This gives a very soft, subtle look that is not over stated. Available in Black, White, and Saddle.
Exterior Trim Upgrade: Exterior Trim Upgrade: Bright Trim Package – Create the complete look for your classic with the addition of bright chrome like trim moldings for the leading edge , side windows, rear deck, and rear window surround. Looks better than the way the factory would design it. Compliments the existing bright work on your vehicle for the perfect finishing touch. Moldings are furnished with 3M acrylic automotive tape bonded to the back side and are easy to apply for a permanent installation after painting. Thunderbird Hardtop shown with the Bright Trim Package.
- The interior is fully upholstered with a thick charcoal grey color automotive headliner.
- Improved sound and insulating properties compared to the convertible top
Interior Upgrade: Upgrade the standard charcoal headliner to Black or Tan. These upgraded materials are three times thicker than the standard charcoal headliner and offer superior sound dampening and insulation properties.
Rear Window - plexiglas (clear)
Sunroof Upgrade: Add another dimension to your Hardtop - Our deluxe sunroof is flush mounted with a weather tight silicone seal. It measures 15 X 30 and is fitted with a solar high performance glass which provides 92% U. V. protection.
- This light weight impact resistant material will not discolor or become foggy and with reasonable care will last for years.
Window Upgrade: Upgradable to tinted plexiglas in place of the standard clear plexiglas window.
- The front and rear mounting system is custom designed for MG.
- All metal components are made of high strength corrosion resistant stainless steel and are designed to provide a simple, secure and professional fitting Hardtop.
- This application does not require any modification to the vehicle and is easy to install.
- Once installed the hardtop can be easily removed or reattached in minutes without any tools.
- Custom extruded rubber moldings are matched to the windshield, rear deck and side windows/curtains to ensure a weather tight seal.
- These OEM quality materials are resistant to sunlight aging, water absorption, and ozone.
Smooth Line Hardtops require no modification to your car, and in most cases the convertible top does not even need to be removed. It stays with the car in the down position when the Hardtop is mounted. Please see installation instructions for details.
Complete with installation instructions
12 month Limited Warranty
An easy way to store and protect your Hardtop from damage when not in use
Find out more here.