Smoothline now offers two different style Hardtops for the 1994-2004 Mustang Convertible.
Our New Mustang”Cobra Style” removable Hardtop, as shown on this page, is styled from the original 1995 Mustang Cobra removable hardtop incorporating the operational OEM quarter windows and a large “big” window (tinted Plexiglas only).
Our other Mustang Find out more here “Daytona R “ removable Hardtop is styled from the exciting 2005-07 Mustang coupe roof line and features two fixed side triangular quarter windows and a curved convertible size rear window for a very sleek look.
#1 Performance Option
Adding a removable Hardtop is the most exciting and practical improvement that can be made to your Mustang. The #1 performance option designed for action. Change your wind-in-the-hair boulevard cruiser into a super coupe in minutes. Simply lower the convertible top in the normal position (the convertible top is not removed) and latch the Hardtop in place. Now you can experience the full potential of your Mustang on the street, strip or track.
Enjoyable in Any Season
When the weather is fair and the top is down, nothing beats the joy of driving a convertible! If the weather is too hot, too cold, too wet, or if you are on long drive on the freeway, you just can't beat a Smooth Line Hardtop. Now you can have the best of both worlds! Driving can be enjoyable in any season with the quiet comfort and security from the Smooth Line Hardtop. A perfect replacement for that leaky convertible top. Adding a Smooth Line Hardtop is the best styling and practical improvement that can be made to your Mustang convertible.
Attachment is very simple, does not require any modification to your Mustang and fits all 1994-2004 convertibles. Simply lower the convertible top in the normal position and attach the hardtop using the easy to turn tightening knobs. Very easy and requires only minutes No tools are required. Also, the OEM styling bar will fit under the Hardtop.
The Smooth Line Hardtop only weighs approximately 65 lbs and is easy to handle. A specially designed Smooth Line Hardtop Carrier and hoists are available to safely store it when not in use. Find out more here
All Smooth Line Hardtops are custom made to order. Included at no extra cost is heavy duty packaging for world wide shipping. North American shipments are via truck and overseas are via air. Freight cost is additional. Ask for our special discounted freight quotation.
Read about Smooth Line hardtops in Mustang Enthusiast.
Standard Features included in basic price
* Upgrades / Options Available
- Rigid / lightweight Fiberglass composite
- Exterior - grey gel coat ready to finish using normal body shop techniques*
- Fully upholstered interior (charcoal grey)*
- All mounting hardware included (no vehicle modifications required)
- Exterior rain guards
- Tinted rear window- Flush mount – Large Coupe sized (Plexiglas)
- Weather tight rubber seals
- Illustrated installation instructions
- 12 month warranty
- Primer exterior finish - ready for topcoat color with two coats urethane primer - $300.00
- Exterior Material Upgrade – For those who would like a contrasting color or don't want to paint we offer a Factory installed Elk grain Haartz premium vinyl exterior covering. This gives a very soft, subtle look that is not over stated. Available in Black, White, and Saddle. - $395.00
- Carbon fiber exterior - Carbon fiber overlay (not vinyl film) low gloss finish - $425.00
- Upholstered interior upgrade – Upgrade the standard charcoal headliner to Black or Tan. These upgraded materials are three times thicker than the standard charcoal headliner and offer superior sound dampening and insulation properties. - $175.00
- Sunroof Upgrade - Add another dimension to your Hardtop - Our deluxe sunroof is flush mounted with a weather tight silicone seal. It measures 15 X 30 and is fitted with a solar high performance glass which provides 92% U. V. protection - $345.00
- Hardtop carrier and Hoists – Protect your Hardtop from damage during moving or storage Find out more here